Certified Animal Welfare Approved by A Greener World (AGW) is proud to offer Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW branded egg cartons at a competitive cost to Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW farms that hold a current approval for laying hens. Made with 100% reclaimed paper, the striking and informative dozen-egg carton enables Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW family farms to market eggs locally in a container featuring the Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW logo and the clear message that the eggs are from pastured, high-welfare hens. Uniquely, there is space on the outside of the carton for a farm specific label, and on the inside there is space for a nutrition facts label.
Parcels of 200 dozen-egg cartons are available for $36 each plus $14 shipping & handling per parcel.
A Greener World does not ship to PO Boxes. Please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery.
Shipping method is UPS.
For questions, please read the FAQs below or contact us at (541) 526-1119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW egg cartons?
Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW farms that have been audited and approved for eggs.
What size are the egg cartons?
Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW egg cartons are standard sized egg cartons, holding one dozen medium, large or extra-large eggs.
What information is provided on the Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW egg carton?
The outside of the carton features:
• Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW logo
• Pasture raised eggs from hens raised outdoors with the highest welfare standards
• “For eggs from chickens that live in the sort of utopia conveyed by the images on most egg cartons, look for Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW.” – New York Times
• Carton made from 100% reclaimed paper
• Please recycle this carton
• Keep refrigerated
• “Most Stringent Welfare Standards.”- WSPA
• Sustainably raised outdoors on a family farm
• Pasture Raised Eggs 12
• Safe Handling Instructions: To prevent illness from bacteria: Keep eggs refrigerated, cook eggs until yolks are firm, and cook foods containing eggs thoroughly.
• Blank space for farm specific information
The inside of the carton features:
• Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW logo
• Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW family farms meet the highest animal welfare standards-continuously ranked #1 by the World Society for the Protection of Animals. Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW is the only-third party welfare certification that guarantees animals were raised outdoors, breathing fresh, clean air, foraging and dust bathing-the way you’ve always thought it should be.
• Blank space for nutrition information label
How do I personalize the carton to make it specific to my farm?
You may wish to customize cartons to your farm and eggs with labels. We designed the carton to incorporate a blank space on the outside of the top lid for farm specific information. This space is ideal for a printed label, although you can also write directly on the box. The space provided is 1.33” x 4” and corresponds to standard manufactured printer labels.
Blank Farm Label Templates and Blank Nutrition Label Templates are available for download. We have also created a sheet of Sample Farm Labels to assist you. See also Creating Your Customized Egg Labels.
Where can I purchase blank labels?
Labels can be purchased from your local office supplier or from online office supply sites.
What farm specific information might I need to include on the carton?
Requirements vary by state, so it is important that you ensure you provide the correct information before sale. The most commonly required information includes:
PRODUCED, PACKED AND DISTRIBUTED BY:
NAME OF FARM
PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS OR WEBSITE
GRADE OF EGG (“Grade AA”, “A”, “Ungraded”), SIZE OF EGG (“X-Large”, “Large”, “Medium”, “Small”)
PACKED ON DATE (OR BEST IF USED BY): XX-XX-XXXX
WEIGHT, EGG LICENSE NUMBER
How do I find out my state egg labeling requirements?
Contact your State’s Department of Agriculture for egg labeling requirements. Labeling requirements can vary depending on number of hens in production, number of eggs sold each week, where eggs are sold, and who is buying the eggs.
Will A Greener World ensure that I meet federal or state labeling requirements?
No. It is the responsibility of each farm to ensure that its labeling is accurate and legal.
Does the carton contain Nutrition Facts?
Because nutrition facts are specific to the eggs contained in the carton, the cartons are not pre-printed with nutrition information. However, there is space inside the carton for this information. We suggest printing this information on a label and applying the label to the inside of the carton. Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW has created the various sample nutrition facts labels that you may use at your own discretion.
Small Egg Nutrition Facts
Medium Egg Nutrition Facts
Large Egg Nutrition Facts
Extra Large Egg Nutrition Facts
Who creates labels that are affixed to the Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW egg carton?
Each farm is responsible for creating labels specific to their farm and eggs.
Who affixes the farm-specific labels and/or nutrition labels?
Each farm is responsible for affixing its own labels to the egg carton.