After months of constituent feedback, market research and design work, we are proud to unveil our new logo! As one of A Greener World’s growing family of leading food labels, Animal Welfare Approved was launched in 2006 as a market-based solution to growing consumer demand for high-welfare, environmentally sustainable meat, eggs and dairy products. In late 2016, AGW learned that the license for its former Animal Welfare Approved logo would not be renewed, and embarked upon a strategic campaign to launch a new logo to effectively communicate the wider benefits of Animal Welfare Approved farming and ranching.
The fresh design for Animal Welfare Approved celebrates transparency, accountability and the connection between people, animals and land. More than a welfare certification, Animal Welfare Approved remains the only label in the marketplace to ensure the following:
• Meaningful, verified, outdoor pasture- and range-based systems–not just a door at the end of a building or an outdoor concrete run
• No cages, crates or feedlots–ever
• Verified environmentally sustainable farming and ranching
• Responsible stewardship of public resources like air, water, soil and antibiotics
• Independent farms/farmers meeting the highest animal welfare standards in the U.S. and Canada
• Prohibit the use of hormones (like rBST), animal byproducts or routine antibiotics
• Industry-leading high welfare handling and management from birth through slaughter
• Independent standards for the inspection of slaughter plants
• No conflicts of interest: the AWA program relies on public donations
• Excellence in auditing and certifying according to AWA’s ISO 17065 accreditation
As part of the strategic campaign centered on the debut of the new logo, we have re-launched our websites as animalwelfareapproved.us and animalwelfareapproved.ca to reflect the global nature of our growing brand, with animalwelfareapproved.sa coming soon with the launch of Animal Welfare Approved in South Africa. The new logo will be available in French and Spanish, with plans to translate AWA standards accordingly. Certified parties will transition to the new logo in the coming months, and A Greener World is offering a professional labeling support service to maximize the benefits of the new logo.